Monday, May 6, 2019

Byun Baekhyun



(t/n: this specific comment has close to 2k upvotes)

"I have once read a comment on Baekhyun and it gave me instant realization: “I often suspect that Byun Baekhyun has a depth to him that we do not see on the surface. But he will never admit it, and neither will you get an answer from him even if you ask him. He gladly faces this world with lightheartedness and talk about things with a laugh. I have been trapped by a person like this.”

This is probably the reason why I stan him too.

My 1st impression of Byun Baekhyun was not a good one - his good boy with cute aegyo character is one that I cannot stand. For an EXO anti fan like me back then, the only 2 members that I do not despise is ChanHun, whose visuals i absolutely approve of. As i occasionally read their articles, i came across a Baekhyun fan’s comment: Byun Baekhyun is a fascinating existence who has loyal fans, non-fans, and very few non-fans who converted into a fan”. This comment made me curious, so i started to actively search about Baekhyun to understand him which resulted in me converting into a loyal fan. Because i realize that he is a very special existence to me in this world.

Appearance

Byun Baekhyun is definitely not the type that catches people’s attention at first glance, but through numerous encounters with him, he puts me in awe of how God has so wonderfully bless him. Every combination of his body part makes me exclaim “masterpiece”.

176cm height, small face, fair skin, perfect facial features, long neck, an unobvious Adam’s Apple makes him extremely charming when he sings while wearing necklaces. He inherited his mother’s beautiful hands - there is a fairy-like aura to him when he holds the mic. The best thing is, despite all these soft body features, he has perfect body proportion - a man’s body with broad shoulders and long legs, soft and strong, I have never seen a human body more perfectly made than his.

His face is fascinating too. My 1st tough impression of him is definitely because of his soft mochi face. Byun Baekhyun’s features leans more towards the soft side, especially his droopy puppy eyes that makes him look obedient. His small but sharp nose and his mouth gives him the “gentle and clean Gege who lives next door” vibe. The amazing thing is his aura changes according to different angles, especially his 90 degrees side profile, a fatally manly aura. Whenever i see his side profile, I am in awe again and again at the exquisiteness of his face. I guess because of Appa’s good eyesight, his eye gaze are especially heart fluttering. Compared to Chanyeol with very pretty eyes shape, Appa’s eyes shape expresses makeups even better, this is his greatest weapon when he is on stage. But he is capable of immediately transforming into the adorable Bobohu the next second, showing his unique square-mouth smile~

I guess the plainest canvas is able to showcase the most beautiful colors. Give him any styles, makeups, expressions, I have never once thought Byun Baekhyun looks ugly or unnatural in them. He is very good to look at, every part of him is a masterpiece.

Personality

I judge people based on: instinct + understanding 50:50, so what I am about to say may be very subjective.

My first thought about Byun Baekhyun after getting to know him: a person who is smart and ambitious. He knows what he wants and he knows exactly how to get it. He did not want people to doubt him because of his short trainee period, so he practiced hard to improve his vocals; he build close relationships with the members and fans, becoming the group’s ace one step at a time. I don’t like people who are innocent like white paper, i even avoid people like that. So when i found out how Baekhyun is, I was pleasantly surprised. Contrary to what i thought, a person with such a harmless / innocent appearance actually has a very strong spirit. And this spirit is not only interesting, but also unstoppable potential, so much so that i can’t wait to see how he will grow.

My second thought: he has a spirit that loves the world but also self-restraint. Like what i said, he is a social butterfly. Throughout the years, there is not one person who would not like Byun Baekhyun. He has excellent variety sense, perfect manners and he maintains an intimate but respectful relationship with fans. He has a bright future. Byun Baekhyun with 100% sense, Byun Baekhyun that perfectly executes stage concepts with exceptional skills, Byun Baekhyun that is recognized by the whole internet as the one and only “Genius Idol”, Byun Baekhyun that was chosen by his country to sing the national anthem at an international event - his eyes are full of light. But sometimes this light may falter, when some members left, when news of his love life was spread around, when he was lost, when his future looks dim; but now he has overcome all that and it has become his past. Sometimes I worry too, i worry that he is not as strong as i thought, that he would feel defeated just like us all. He once said that he hope that one day people will remember his voice, not just him as a person. I watch him walk a difficult path and worry that it is all in vain, but he is Byun Baekhyun, i can remain hopeful that he will fulfill his dream. The way he respond to rumors by posting on Instagram and the way he shared his thoughts about fans on Park Jinyoung’s variety show amazes me. Common sense and wisdom that is so rare to find among people these days, he has them all.

Such a lively and passionate, kind and sensitive, determined and clear spirit, deep treasures that can never be fully uncovered, it’s no wonder why people are so obsessed with him. To me, he is a light-like existence. I feel like i can walk on the path that he opened up, leading to a better future."



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.